New Tools: Unleashing The Potential of LD Connect
Providing machine-readable, interlinked metadata that is publicly available opens up a wide range of opportunities.
To further enrich the portal, a suite of enhanced semantic search tools built on top of our linked data to query and visualize the data are currently in proof of concept (PoC) stage. These tools can be used to:
- Improve the internal workflow, e.g., structured data storage and automated content update.
- Improve our search functionality with the help of an advanced query expansion that recommends related search terms.
- Assist researchers in the search for knowledge, for example, discovery tools to find related papers or potential peer reviewers as well as scientometric applications to visualize, interpret and even discover new relationships
The possibilities are endless and we are only at the beginning of this journey.
You can already peek behind the curtain. All of these tools are works in progress and by no means final products. They are here to show you what we are working on and we invite you to play around.
Tools currently cooking in our kitchen are:
- Keyword Expansion: Find similar keywords as well as a list of papers based on the initial keyword, similar keywords or the given keyword in combination to the similar keywords.
- Similar Papers: Find similar papers by adding a paper title.
- Paper Search: Find similar papers which could be used as references by adding an abstract.
- Entity Search: Find similar authors, papers, journals or organizations by selecting the related entity.
- Reviewer Recommender: Find potential reviewers by adding an abstract or upload the full pdf.
Do you have feedback on our PoCs or do you have ideas you’d like to collaborate on? Just email us or
fill in the feedback form to start the discussion.